When I say it has been a trying weekend.....I really mean I was "trying" really hard to not list Zander on Ebay!
I love that kid. I do. But he is at that REALLY obstinate age where he wants to do what he wants to do when he wants to do it....and how he wants to do it. And, since he is my child...I'm feeling we're not ever going to get out of this stage.
So, I have to let him "help"....and "try" to do things on his own. (Are you catching all my "air quotes"????) So, this means, I have a LOT of messes to clean up. My patience is very low right now.
He rarely ever takes a nap anymore. Sometimes that is good....sometimes its bad...because sometimes on the weekend I could use a nap too.
He hardly wants anything to do with me until my show is on. He could ignore me all weekend long (as long as there was plenty of food and drink for him to graze on while he did his thing). But as soon as Big Brother comes on.....he is all up in my koolaid!!!
I almost did cart wheels when Zander fell asleep on the couch Saturday night while watching cartoons. He NEVER does that.
I almost wondered if I should risk waking him up to wipe the chocolate pudding off his face....
(uh, NO....I didn't risk it!)
Then, a little while later, I found him like this...........
Its like he's scheming in his sleep. He might be...
(think "Stewie" from Family Guy)

You can't be fooled by that cute face and those adorable dimples....they'll get you every time!

14 comments:
They are little demons sent to feed on our last nerve:-)
I know... but so cute! Really, Really cute!
Oh, yes. I know the feeling.
You love them so much you want to squeeze 'em until their heads pop off.
And they make you so crazy at times you want to squeeze 'em until their heads pop off/
Demons when they are awake, Angels when they are asleep... you're learning all about parenthood.
The chocky face was a small price to pay, you were absolutely right to leave it.
AV
They are annoying, but I tell you, now that Ned is 5 I can actually get him to fetch me stuff without moving my arse off the couch! All I have to do now is teach him how to make and serve a martini and then I am set!
By the way, Zander is as cute as a button!
I don't believe a word of it...he's a perfect angel! :)
Oh, you've got a little Stevie, huh? Ella Numera Dos was a lot like Z Man at that age. I probably shouldn't tell you this, but it took her YEARS to grow out of it! Listen, I've got something special for you over at my place, to cheer you up, OK?
Just got a really weird chat from you on FB. I am pretty sure that it was not you, but wanted to make sure that everything is okay. Are you travelling?
I know... but it GOES SO FAST...it just doesn't feel like that right now... he will out grow it. & one of these days you will miss him wanting to do so much with you... Just sayin... Hang in there.. : )
I know you r busy this weekend and this is possibly too late -- but
http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2009/10/dresser_redux.html#more
LOL! I have been experiencing the very same thing with Emma. UGH! Everything is done her way or no way. Help me now! (there is not enough wine or chocolate in the world for this!)
two months = seriously... wth are you!!
Hellllooooooooooo? Where are you? Are you ever coming back? We miss you.
September 14?
Really?
Really?
HeLLooooo...
Post a Comment