Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Pink Rose....

Yaaay me! I got an award from Kendra of Nest Half Empty! Its the Pink Rose Award!
Thanks for thinking me, Kendra! Much appreciated!

Here is what the Pink Rose Award is all about:


Give the Pink Rose Award to those who inspire you or need to be inspired, to those who have encouraged you or those who need encouragement.


Instructions on how to pass this along.

1. on your blog, copy and paste the award, these rules, a link back to the person who selected you, and a link to this post: "Pink is my favorite color...". There's a story of Pink Rose Award and other graphics to choose from.

2. Select as many award recipients as you would like, link to their blogs(if they have one), and explain why you have chosen them.

3. Let them know that you have selected them for an award by commenting on one of their posts.

4. If you are selected, pass it on by giving the Pink Rose Award to others.

5. If you find that someone you want to nominate has already been selected by someone else, you can still honor them by posting a comment on their award post stating your reasons for wishing to grant them the award.

6. You do not have to wait until someone nominates you to nominate someone else.



And I would like to pass this along to the following:



Kris of I Heart Jaxen Kendall - She's a close personal friend and is relatively new to the Blogosphere. She inspires me and encourages me IRL. She's a really good friend whom I know I can turn to on a daily basis. And, our sons are BFF's....so we have to get along!



Tricia of Hippie Family - She's a close personal friend in real life too. But unlike Kris, she can be a pain my arse. Just kidding (not really). She's got more energy in her little pinky finger than I do in my whole body. She is always showing me something new to try....like blogging...yep, she inspired me to blog.



Melissa of Stretch Marks - Kendra nominated her for this too.....but she is still one of my picks as well. She inspires me because she has been through some of the worst stuff and she still has tremendous faith in God......and she still has a sense of humor. She is a strong woman!



Jennifer of The Fun House - Because she really does live in a fun house...no, not with clowns. But she has 5 kids and it seems like they are always doing something fun. They make me tired, they do.



Molly of I Need a Martini...Now! - She's a cool lady and she will definitely hook you up with a martini. She is a single mom - like me. She has an extremely adorable son - like me. And, she has an awesome British accent - um, not like me!



Really, all of the blogs I have read have inspired me in some way.
There are many cool people out there in bloggyland.



Photobucket

7 comments:

Hippie Family... said...

Congrats and thanks so much, I need to load both of mine on my site.. ya for you too.. you are an award winnin chick!!

JW Moxie said...

Congratulations on your Pink Rose Award, and thanks for passing it along! I've added you to the list of recipients that I've been keeping up with on my blog: www.smartone.typepad.com.

Congrats again!

BTW - I LOVE your blog design!

Jennifer said...

Aw, thank you Karla and congrats to you!! What a pretty award! I will wear it with pride. I will post about it when we get back from vacay--I'm so short on computer time here! Thanks again!!!!

Anonymous said...

You are incredibly sweet, thank you! I don't feel like I am inspiring, encouraging or anything like that as I write a bunch of crap most of the time! But I really appreciate this, thank you!

Tiffany said...

Congrats on your beautiful award!!!

The book is Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. Go read now!!!! And, then, come on over an obsess.

Unknown said...

Thanks Karla. I hope I can find time to do this and figure it out. LOL

Melissa Lee said...

Karla,

Thank you so much for this. I must seem awfully ungrateful becuase I am just now writing to you. But I have not bee feeling well at all - and have been on mucho bed rest. So I hope you'll forgive.

I love you and your blog and your cutie patooty little boy and the fact that you always leave me comments that just make my day.

Thank you for your encouragment. I needed that today!

Melissa at Stretch Marks