Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My 5 Faves....

I saw this contest on The Fun House' blog recently and it looked like fun. Auds @ Barking Mad is having a contest. The prize is $250 Target gift card.

Quite an incentive!


So, all you have to do to enter this contest is to list your 5 favorite posts from your blog.

Here are mine in no particular order:

1. Look What You Did, Z! Ah....the trials of having a toddler.

2. Halloween 2006 The story of how Zander came into my life.

3. I Have Something To Say This is the only true rant I put on my blog.....I got some mixed reviews....but I stand by it!

4. The Perfect Storm Sometimes fate just works against you....and it thinks its funny!

5. Zander's Room - Fx4. This one has become bittersweet - because of the smoke damage my whole house will need to be repainted...and I will lose this.

Now head on over to Barking Mad to enter for your chance to win as well!


8 comments:

Unknown said...

YaY!!!
The right side is back!!!

All your posts are my fave's :)

Unknown said...

Wheres the header?
No Z isn't a good thing :(

Ronda's Rants said...

I must be a fan...I know them all!
Good luck!

Susie said...

I must be a stalker. I knew all these too:-)

Anonymous said...

I thought this would interest you...

The most eye-opening civics lesson
I ever had was while teaching third grade this year.

The presidential election was
heating up and some of the children showed an interest.

I decided we would have
an election for a class president.

We would choose our nominees. They
would make a campaign speech and the class would vote.

To simplify the process, candidates
were nominated by other class members.

We discussed what kinds of
characteristics these students should have.

We got many nominations and from
those, Jamie and Olivia were picked to run for the top spot.

The class had done a great job in their
selections.

Both candidates were good kids.
I thought Jamie might have an advantage because he got lots of parental support. I had never seen Olivia's mother.

The day arrived when they
were to make their speeches Jamie went first.

He had specific ideas about how to make
our class a better place. He ended by promising to do his very best.

Everyone applauded. He sat down and Olivia came to the podium. Her speech was concise.

She said, "If you will vote
for me, I will give you ice cream." She sat down.

The class went wild. "Yes!
Yes! We want ice cream." She surely could say more.
She did not have to.

A discussion followed. How did she plan
to pay for the ice cream? She wasn't sure.

Would her parents buy it or
would the class pay for it? She didn't know.

The class really didn't care. All
they were thinking about was ice cream.

Jamie was forgotten.

Olivia won by a landslide.

Every time Barack Obama opened
his mouth he offered ice cream and fifty-two percent of the people reacted like nine year olds. They want ice cream.

The other forty-eight percent of
us know we're going to have to feed the cow and clean up the mess.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous - not sure where you are getting your statistics. Obamas much higher in the polls than that....and he got over 80% of the vote. So suck it!

Jennifer said...

Good luck w/ the contest Karla!! I'm off to check out your faves!

Aubrey said...

I'm sorry to hear you'll have to paint over that wonderful mural! So sad...
Think of the bright side. In a few years, he would have wanted it changed anyway! You just have to let go a little sooner.
I loved all your fave posts too!